FoodWIse: Nutrition Education

FoodWIse is federally funded by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed) and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and serves Wisconsin residents with limited incomes.


FoodWIse provides research based education on:

  • Empower families with limited financial resources to choose healthful diets and become more food secure by spending dollars wisely.
  • Expose children to new fruits and vegetables and why they are important.
  • Teach parents how to plan and prepare healthy meals.
  • Support communities in making the healthy choice, the easy choice where people live, learn, work and play.

Education is available for all age groups and learning abilities as well as for those who speak Spanish only.

For more information on what FoodWIse is, please click the link below:

FoodWIse – Healthy Choices, Healthy Lives


FoodWIse Impact Statement 

FoodWIse Impacts 2019 Kewaunee County


Food Sense Quarterly Newsletter (pdf)

Related Links of Interest:
Information on general nutrition and physical activity

Information on Food Safety:
Fact Sheets
Keeping Food Safe From Bacteria
Charts containing proper cooking temperatures (pdf)


If you have any questions regarding FoodWIse in Kewaunee County, please contact:

Kaila Stencil, Kewaunee and Manitowoc Counties

Imelda Delchambre, Bilingual Nutrition Educator, Door and Kewaunee Counties
Kewaunee County UW – Extension
Administration Center
810 Lincoln St
Kewaunee, WI 54216
Phone: (920) 388-7197
Fax: (920) 388-7159
Door County UW – Extension
County Government Center
421 Nebraska St
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Phone: (920) 746-5994
Fax: (920) 746-2531