What We Do:
UW-Madison Division of Extension Human Development and Relationships Programs respond to local needs with educational, research-based programs and partnerships that enhance the well-being of Wisconsin families and communities.
Extension Kewaunee County Resources:
For more information and to register, contact Renee Koenig at 388-7137 or email@example.com. Ask about in-person and Zoom video classes.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers of Children With Special Health Needs
- For family caregivers of children (including adult children) with special needs.
- The program will provide tools and strategies to help you handle the unique challenges you face.
Aging Mastery Program
- For adults in their later years of life.
- Learn strategies and set goals for aging well involving exercise, nutrition, finances, advance care planning, community engagement, and healthy relationships.
Mental Health First Aid
- For any adults who regularly interact with youth.
- Learn how to help a young person in crisis or having a mental health challenge.
- For anyone caring for children or teens who have experienced trauma.
- Learn about traumatic stress and how to help children develop healthy behaviors.
Divorce and Co-parenting Support
- For divorcing, separating or unmarried parents.
- Learn ways to reduce conflict and help children cope with family challenges.
- Also receive weekly supportive text messages.
Raising A Thinking Child
- For caregivers of children ages 4-7.
- Learn to help children solve problems on their own and argue less.
How to Handle Stress on the Farm (from Michigan State University Extension)
- The online course is designed to help farmers and their families understand the signs and symptoms of chronic stress.
Home Alone: Preparing Children for Self-Care (in Spanish, en Espanol)
- For parents and their school-age children.
- The program provides safety lessons to prepare children for unsupervised time alone at home.
- Learn basic budgeting and cost-saving steps to improve your family finances.
For more information and to register, contact Renee Koenig at 388-7137 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This class is for parents who are experiencing divorce or separation or parents who have never married and are dealing with issues of paternity, parenting time or child support. Parents are urged to work out family transition decisions without putting their children in the middle. The class covers how family change affects children, co-parenting, communication and conflict.
The goals of the program are to:
- Take care of yourself so you can best care for your children.
- Improve child well-being and strengthen parent-child relationships.
- Improve communication and reduce parental conflict.
- Put the best interests of the children first.
The cost of the program is $28.
To register for the class, contact:
810 Lincoln Street
Kewaunee, WI 54216
For more parenting resources please visit http://parenting.extension.wisc.edu/
Is your child ready for self-care? Visit the UW Extension’s Home Alone web site to view an online video program that can help in developing your family’s home alone plan.
Just in Time Parenting is a free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child’s age and needs. They are designed so that information that’s relevant to your family is automatically delivered to you just in time!
Parenting the Preschooler fact sheets to help you and your toddler.
Raising Caring Kids uses short articles and videos to teach different social and emotional learning skills to parents of 1st-5th graders.
Have you mastered the art of aging? The Aging Mastery Program® is a fun program that can help you improve your health, financial security, and overall well-being.
For more information about upcoming classes, contact Renee Koenig at email@example.com.
Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of the Lakeshore
Contact the ADRC of the Lakeshore for local programs on Caregiving and Aging and to subscribe to the Senior Scene newsletter. Toll free: 877-416-7083.
Caregiving and Aging Links
- Aging & Disability Resource Center – https://manitowoccountywi.gov/departments/aging-and-disability-resource-center/
- Aging Friendly Communities – https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/agingfriendlycommunities/
- Wisconsin Institute on Healthy Aging – http://www.wihealthyaging.org
- State Services for Older Adults – http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/aging
Helping individuals, families, and communities create health by providing research-based programs to help you make healthy choices across the lifespan.
StrongWomen™ Strong Men Strength Training Classes
Health Insurance and Health Literacy https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/healthinsurance/
How-To Sheets http://www.coveringwi.org/learn
Literacy Partners of Kewaunee County, Inc. http://literacykewauneeco.org/
Healthy Eating Family Fun Night
Health and Safety Night
Dental Health at Back to School Event
Financial Education for more information
If you have any questions regarding Families, Finances, and Wellness in Kewaunee County, please contact:
Kewaunee County – UW Extension
810 Lincoln Street, Kewaunee, WI 54216