Have you mastered the art of aging? The Aging Mastery Program® is a fun program that can help you improve your health, financial security, and overall well-being.
For more information about upcoming classes, contact Renee Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kewaunee Memory Cafe….for those with memory loss
Meets every 3rd Wednesday monthly at 2:30-4:00 pm. Share your stories and socialize with others who are living a similar journey with memory loss.
Where: Kewaunee Public Library
822 Juneau St., Kewaunee, WI 54216
Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of the Lakeshore
Contact the ADRC of the Lakeshore for local programs on Caregiving and Aging and to subscribe to the Senior Scene newsletter. Toll free: 877-416-7083.
Classes and Seminars
Caregiver Support Groups
These groups provide a great opportunity for caregivers and family members to share and learn from other experiencing similar frustrations and concerns. Occasionally, speakers are brought in to provide valuable information and resources.
Kewaunee County Caregiver Support Groups:
- Early-Stage Dementia Support Group:
Each meeting will host two groups simultaneously in separate meeting rooms: One group for individuals affected by dementia and/or memory loss (early stage). One for the family caregivers of individuals affected by dementia. (Assessment necessary prior to first session.)
Location: Aging and Disability Resource Center of the Lakeshore
810 Lincoln Street, Kewaunee WI 54216
Meets the 4th Wednesday of each month from 10:00 – 11:00AM
Please RSVP by calling 1-877-416-7083
- Mug Club (Caregiver Club):
This is an opportunity for caregivers to meet other caregivers, share their experiences, gain support in providing care for your loved ones and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
Location: St. John’s Lutheran Church
700 Heritage Road, Luxemburg, WI 54217
Church Education Wing
Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 9:30 – 10:30AM
- Understanding Grief
- For more information call Unity at 800-990-9249
Caregiving and Aging Links
- Aging & Disability Resource Center – http://www.co.manitowoc.wi.us/departments/a-c/aging-and-disability-resource-center/caregiver-support/
- Aging Friendly Communities – https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/agingfriendlycommunities/
- Wisconsin Institute on Healthy Aging – http://www.wihealthyaging.org
- State Services for Older Adults – http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/aging