What is the Community Garden?
Community gardens are available for residents in Kewaunee County, and are located Algoma, Kewaunee, and Luxemburg.
- Kewaunee: Located on Baumeister Drive in Kewaunee, the garden is a 2.5 acre field which used to house buffalo.
- Algoma: Located at 1528 Sunset Ave, Algoma, behind Kewaunee County Food Pantry.
- Luxemburg: Located at 700 Heritage Road, Luxemburg, behind St. John’s Church.
Each gardener can rent a plot for $25 per growing year and will receive a 20′ X 20′ plot. Each gardener has access to on-site water and port-a-potty through out the growing season.
- Corn will be planted and available for plot renters.
- Special vine crop area.
Kewaunee Community Garden
Algoma Community Garden
For Algoma Community Garden, contact Sharon Wahlers at 920-487-5876
For Luxemburg Community Garden, contact Charles Piesler, 920-328-8704
Master Gardeners are individuals who have an interest in horticulture, have taken Master Gardener training offered by UW-Extension and share their time and expertise with others. It is the acquisition of knowledge, the skill in gardening, and giving back to the community that distinguishes UW-Extension Master Gardeners from other gardeners.
For more information, including volunteer time sheets, please click here.
Jardín de comunidad
- Usted puede alquilar un pedazo de tierra aproximadament de 20 pies por 20 pies.
- Un pago pequeño cubrirá el agua, cultivando anualmente y un baño portable.
- El jardín esta ubicado al sur de Kewaunee en Baumeister Dr.
If you have any questions regarding Horticulture in Kewaunee County, please contact:
Kewaunee County – UW Extension
810 Lincoln Avenue
Kewaunee, WI 54216
Office Hours: M-F, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Erin Dahle – Program Assistant